About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Tuesday 2 October 2018

Elephant Parade The Within Elephant (10cm).

I know my blog may come across as materialistic but I do try and only purchase items that are  useful, ethically made, give back to the community or give a charitable donation.  This ornamental elephant is part of the 2018 Elephant Parade.  Elephants are an endangered species and could sadly be totally extinct within 30 years. The Elephant Parade is a social enterprise which helps raise money to save the elephants by creating elephant sized artistically painted statues in international cities to help raise awareness about these poor animals' plight.  Hand crafted replicas and a small range of products are then sold with 20% of the net profits being donated to elephant welfare and conservation projects. 


I chose the 10cm sized Within Elephant (£37).  This elephant was designed by Arunkumar HG for the 2018 India Parade.  The design was inspired by the human and elephant ecosystem and how they are interlinked. Each piece is made from polyresin and it is hand painted.  I love the artistry, detail and thought that has gone into this design.  All Elephants come packaged in a black gift box with a holographic logo on their foot to guarantee authenticity on their foot.  They are all individually numbered. Mine is 58 out of the 3,500 made from this design. There is also a certificate listing the artist, production number, year and Parade city. The elephants are available on a variety of designs and sizes: 10cm, 15cm, 20cm, 30 cm and 75cm. There are also elephsnt baubles, a keyring and sets of 3 mini (5cm) elephants.  


I purchased the item myself and the views expressed in this blog are my own.


3 comments:

  1. This is so cute. The mother of one of my friends loves to collect elephants especially when she travels. This would be such a cute gift x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute - wouldn't mind one of these too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and such a wonderful cause too x

    ReplyDelete