About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Tuesday 2 October 2018

Beak & Claws: Chantecaille Lip Veil in Honeypot

I saw the Chantecaille Lip Veils (£38) reviewed on the British Beauty Blogger's site and immediately wanted to try them.   They launched on the 1 October 2018 in the UK.

The Chantecaille Lip Veil Lipsticks are an environmentally conscious, conservation aware cosmetic product.  Chantecaille created this philanthropic lipstick line to support the elephant charity Space for Giants As African elephants may well be extinct within 30 years, this charity is working to preserve the safety of these majestic but endangered animals in Africa.


The Chantecaille Lip Veil lipsticks are revolutionary new lipsticks which are both light and moisturising on the lips.  There are a wide range of colours and shades in the collection and the inspiration for all of their names came from the migratory path of the African elephant so they are named after African flowers. The lipsticks are enriched with organic and FairWild certified Baobab  oil which leaves an illuminating veil of moisture on the lips which hydrates and nourishes them.

The lipstick did feel very light when I applied it and the  lipstick just glided on. The shape of the lipstick made it easy to apply and achieve, even for me, a precise application. The lipstick feels very moisturising on the lips, leaving a flattering veil of colour.  Honeypot is a sheer, natural pinky brown colour and gave my lips a natural my lips but better look which I really liked.  The lipstick also lasted longer on. My lips than I thought it would and it faded naturally and evenly. As the lipsticks leave a sheer veil of colour on the lips there is less chance of the lipstick smudging or bleeding which is also a plus.

The lipstick component is quite sleek and looks very minimalistic. The lipstick twists up and down quite easily. The dark blue coloured case has an elephant embossed on two sides of the lid which makes a great taking point and the case look so different. The lid fastens with a magnetic closure.   






I purchased my Lip Veil lipstick in Honeypot from SpaceNK and the views expressed in this blog post are my own.

Space for Giants





1 comment: