About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Thursday 25 October 2018

Book Review: Their Newborn Baby Gift by Alison Roberts (M&B Medical).


Their Newborn Baby Gift is written by Alison Roberts, published by Mills & Boon Medical and is the first book in the Hope Children’s Hospital series.  Evie Cooper is Hope Hospital’s Neo Natal receptionist and resident baby whisperer/cuddler.  She gave up the chance to train as a nurse to care for her diabetic father and act as a surrogate mother to her siblings after her mother died. Australian paediatric surgeon, Ryan Walker is a former playboy who has relocated to the UK. They pair have an inauspicious beginning when they first meet - his date for the hospital fundraiser sends Evie flying in the car park.  They find an abandoned baby -Grace - and as they care for her in the baby unit they reevaluate their lives.  

A beautifully written story but I didn’t really get into it.  I find abandoned baby storylines far fetched as in real life baby finders do not get to adopt them. The rest of the story is realistic, showing the sadness of not always being able to save patients no matter how desperate the parents are. I wouldn’t rush to read the rest of the series but it was readable. 

I received this book via Netgalley and Mills and Boon in exchange for a honest review. I am a #MillsAndBoonInsider #netgalley

Available from:



1 comment: