About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Sunday 14 October 2018

Book Review: Want Me, Cowboy by Maisey Yates

Want Me, Cowboy is written by Maisey Yates, published by Mills & Boon (Desire) and is the 5th in her Copper Ridge series.  Poppy Sinclair has loved Isaiah Grayson from afar for over decade. She watched him fall in love, get engag d to her step-sister Rosalind, only for her to nearly destroy him financially and emotionally when she has an affair with another man and runs off with him.
Poppy is working for Isaiah and is asked to help him to write an advertisement for a wife. She balks at this and resigns He realises that as she is the perfect personal assistant she would make the perfect love. They have sex and there is a baby on the way, but ultimately Poppy refuses to marry him as he doesn't love her. Will he be able to overcome his past experiences and love again or will Poppy walk away?

I have mixed feelings about this book. I enjoyed the sparky interaction between the two main characters but felt that Isaiah's alpha male, outdoorsy character was taken to far and he just became a bully. Although the threat of marriage or I will take the baby away is often used in romance novels,  in this book it was quite explicit. Isaiah cannot take no for an answer and it turned me, as a reader, off his character.





I received this book via Netgalley and Mills and Boon in exchange for a honest review. I am a #MillsAndBoonInsider #netgalley


3 comments:

  1. Looks good an interesting read everyone loves a cowboy 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cowboy caught my eye.. I think this is a nice read according to your review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't read a Mills and Boon for years, thanks for the review, interesting.

    ReplyDelete