About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Tuesday 28 November 2017

Rie Designs: A6 Recycled Plain Wildlife Jotter


I have purchased several items of jewellery from Valerie Harrison, artist and illustrator, the owner and designer of Rie_Designs in the past few years. I blogged about the mini pet portrait pendant I commissioned here and the Penguin mini portrait pendant here. I needed some small flat gifts that could be used instead of Christmas cards and would be more useful to the recipient as well.  I chose this A6 plain recycled notebook with the wildlife print (it also comes in several diffferent designs, seashells, autumn, fish etc). It can easily be slipped in a handbag and the design is so pretty!

It cost £2.50 plus p&p and would make a great thoughtful gift for almost anyone as the designs cover most interests.  My potential receiver loves wildlife spotting so maybe she will use it to keep track of what she has spotted.  

Valerie lives on the North Rhins, South West Scotland and her designs are inspired by the wildlife, nature and countryside of that area. The items are then handmade in Dumfries and Galloway.  The hand drawn prints are not only used for notebooks but also jewellery, cards and gifts all of which are also reasonably priced. The wooden robin earrings are £5.95, otter hair clips £4.95, mini picture frame necklaces £9.95 and the cards and book marks £2.50. There is also a range of notebooks and handbag size mirrors.


Ebay shop
Etsy

1 comment: