About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Sunday 16 December 2018

Anna Sui Stardust Night Makeup Coffret


Anna Sui Cosmetics Holiday/Christmas Collection is a makeup coffret available in two colourways.  Each coffret includes a chained pouch bag which holds 2 multi purpose star dust powers, glitters which can be used on the face body and hair and a lip balm.


The coffrets cost £34 each. The Rockin Night option contains a red bag, silver and pink star dust and a lip balm. The Stardust Night option (which I went for as I wanted the bag) has a purple chain bag, lavender and black star dust powders and a lip balm. 


The bag is a tiny little metallic purple faux leather bag with a short chain. It fastens with a magnetic popper and has a satchel print. It is very light and can just about fit my phone and purse in for a night out. The bag measures 16x5x10.9cm. 







The stardust lip gloss (200) is 15g.  The gloss reacts with moisture on the lips and turns pink according to your PH.  I found it to be very moisturising and glossy. There was a bit of glitter- there is some suspended in the balm and it does have a subtle tea rose scent. I love the container. As I cannot look down I find it difficult to find items quickly in my bag. As the container is so unusual and multidimensional with the little spikes I it is instantly identifiable as I scrabble through my bag. 

The two colour powders are 010 and 202. There is 1.4g of powder contained in each glass bottle with a rose shaped lid.  The powders are multi purpose and can be applied anywhere you want to sparkle.  The black would make a great smokey eye as it is very dramatic and sparkly and the pinky/ lavender sparkly one makes a great highlighter/ eyeshadow. 

I like these sets and Anna Sui Cosmetics generally as her aesthetic is cohesive, items from all her collections fit together.  The black gothic rose of last years makeup box fits with the glass bottles and lip balm container in this years collwction.  

I purchased the item myself and the views expressed in this blog are my own.
Available from: BeautyBay



3 comments:

  1. I'm loving the little purple purse, it's so cute. Purple is also one of my fave colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful - would make a great gift too

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed out here. Such a beautiful set.

    ReplyDelete