About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Saturday 1 December 2018

Beak & Claws: Clinique Pop Lip Colour and Primer in Love Pop(travel size)

 I purchased a travel sized Clinique Pop Lip colour and primer in Love Pop as it is a gorgeous autumnal berry shade and as it is travel/pocket sized would fit nicely in my jeans pocket. The lipstick cost £7 for 3.5g and the lipstick container feels and looks substantial and expensive. 

Clinique combined lip colour and lip primer  to create  the Love Pop line of lipsticks .  The lipstick is a weightless formula which glides on, leaving a modern velvet finish.  Lasting for 8 hours and leaving lips feeling moisturised, the colour is vibrant and strays true.

Love Pop is a shimmering mid toned, berry red raspberry shade with fine gold and berry shimmers and left a satin finish. It did glide on to the lips and my lips felt very moisturised both when I was wearing it and after I had removed it. I had to put on two coats to ensure the lipstick was opaque on my lips but I found one coat looked nice, giving a healthy sheen to my lips whereas 2 or three built up the berry colour. It lasted for 6 hours and faded nicely with no patchiness.



I enjoyed wearing this lipstick and would buy other travel sized ones in order to try colours I wouldn’t normally gravitate towards.

I purchased this item myself and the views expressed in this blog my own.






1 comment: