About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Saturday 29 December 2018

Beak & Claws: New Year, New Lipstick






I shan’t be venturing out on NYE, but if I was I would be wearing either, or both, of these purse friendly gorgeous lip products. The are both made by Essence cosmetics and are under £3 each.






The Colour Boost Mad About Matte liquid lipstick is £2.80 at Wilkos and £2.54 at Parfumdreams.co.uk. I got mine in shade 5 Dangerously Yours which is dark pink with purplish undertones. It has a doe foot applicator which hugs the contours of the lips, leaving a crisp finish. This liquid lipstick dries down quite quickly to a powdery matte finish. The colour is vibrant and not at all patchy. It doesn’t feel drying and didn’t give me “butt hole” lips.  It feels very lightweight and didn’t crack as it dries. It didn’t transfer and It remained a vibrant pink throughout the day. I only needed one layer for an opaque finish.

The Melted Chrome Liquid Lipstick is also £2.80 at Wilkos.  This liquid lipstick has a foil like, metallic matte finish. I chose shade 04 Iron Heart which is a vibrant red  shade as I though it complimented the liquid lipstick. It is water and transfer proof. I didn’t find this liquid lipstick to be as light weight as the traditional one that I tried. I was more aware that it was on my lips and it didn’t feel particularly lightweight. I like the colour as it is more of a foil than a full on traditional metallic shade so didn’t cling and highlight the cracks in my lips. It has a doe foot applicator which fits nicely in to the contours of the lips, sling the Cupid’s bow easy to define.  It was long wearing and didn’t fade. It applied smoothly, no patchiness and one swipe gave an opaque finish.

I combined the two lipsticks for this look. I thought that it gave my lips more dimension and made them look fuller. I used Dangerously as the base lipstick and applied it all over my lips, waited until it was fully dry and then applied Iron Heart to the centre of the lips.





I purchased these items myself and the views expressed in this blog are my own.








8 comments:

  1. That's a BEAUTY and bargain rolled into one - always after cheaper brands that don't break the bank- beautiful colours

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not looked for makeup at Wilkos - I will now! Thanks for the review
    Sheila @CakeReev

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never looked at the make up section in Wilko, but I will nect time I pop in. These are both lovely shades.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have u tried natural makeup products ? They are healthier foR your skin .

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't realise that Wilko sold make-up. Beautiful shades that really suit you. I do love finding new lippies and I love your lippie reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous collection - loving the colours

    ReplyDelete