About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Tuesday 23 February 2021

Book Review: Christmas in the King’s Bed by Caitlin Crews

Slightly out of season but here goes, Christmas in the King’s Bed is written by Caitlin Crews and published by MB Modern. Calista’s father has blackmailed  King Orion into marrying Calista.  Calista agreed to marry him in order to protect her sister Melody and prevent her being institutionalized. Calista is also plotting to bring her father down.

I enjoyed this book. Calista acts out like a petulant toddler during the first few chapters but it is clear during her interactions with her sister that this is not the real Calista who is working to save her sister and destroy her father. Orion is angry that he is being blackmailed into marriage to protect the royal family and at first only sees his wife to be as an angst ridden toddler. Slowly his perception changes but will she betray him as well? 

I received this book via Netgalley and Mills and Boon in exchange for a honest review. I am a #MillsAndBoonInsider #netgalley #gifted

2 comments: