About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Saturday 27 February 2021

Book Review: A Marquis in Want Of A Wife by Louise Allen

A Marquis in Want Of A Wife is written by Louise Allen and published by M&B Historical. The Marquis of Cranford, Ross Vincent, a widower, has needs a mother for his baby son. Ross has a scarred face, a intimidating personality and knows he isn’t any ones’ first choice as a husband. Shy Prudence Scott is his ideal, low or no expectations of love. After being seduced  by someone who had no intention of marrying her she needs someone who can help her if there is any gossip of consequences. By entering into marriage with the Marquis She will have the protection of his name on exchange for being his wife and step mother to his son.  After seeing Prudence dressed up on their wedding day it will take all of the Marquis’ willpower not to go back on the no shared bedroom/sex agreement. Will the looming Battle of Waterloo destroy their HEA?

I found Prudence to be an interesting character. Even her name evoked the idea of a prude, a spinster who has no interest in romance.  She is naive but determined and takes to bring the new marchioness very quickly with the help of both her friends and Ross. Ross underestimates himself, beneath the scars and gruff exterior there is a kind man. I enjoyed this novel much more than I thought I would and I recommend it. 

I received this book via Netgalley and Mills and Boon in exchange for a honest review. I am a #MillsAndBoonInsider #netgalley #gifted

1 comment: