About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Tuesday 16 February 2021

Review: Wet Brush Detangler & Detachable Mirror


I have extremely long hair which gets detangled and knotted very quickly! My hair brush of choice is the Wet Brush, which I have reviewed several times on my blog as it comes in many different guises! This version is the same size as the original series and comes with a detachable mirror (£12.99 currently £5.94 with Amazon Prime).

The Wet Brush is head and shoulders above all other hair brushes because of it’s innovative and patented intelliflex bristles system. This design helps prevent hair breakage (45% less breakage) and the SofTips (Wet Brush’s other innovation for pain free brushing) make it easier for the brush to glide through the hair without being painful. The tips of the bristles are firm enough to de knot and detangle but also soft enough not to rip out and through hair. This brush glides through and detangles my hair as easily as the rest of the Wet Brushes in my collection. The brush handle is rubberised and is both comfortable and easy to hold. Even when half the brush is detached so the mirror can be used I still find it easy to grip and brush my hair with despite my dexterity issues and neuro pain problems in my hands. 

The mirror is a fun innovation and would be great for travel (got to think positively). The mirror isn’t a gimmick. It really does work and sadly picked up a few more wrinkles: laughter lines I hadn’t noticed. The mirror is attached/detached with magnets in the brush handle which clip it firmly in to place. The brush is slightly heavier than others in the original range but it’s not really obvious unless you are comparing the two.  

I like the colour combination and the fun/unique element of the mirror. I would buy these as gifts and think the mirror is a great idea.


I purchased the item myself and the views expressed in my blog are my own 

5 comments:

  1. I don't think I've ever used a comb, and my white mum gave up combing my black hair pretty early on in my childhood. But I'm sure people with hair will find this review useful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!! Thanks for sharing this. I usually wait to brush my hair until it's dry, but this seems intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for sharing this! My hair gets knotted so easily so I'm always on the look out for a better brush - this seems like a great option!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow. That sounds like such a great product! I will have to try it out sometime! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing this! I have long hair that gets tangled easily too, so I will definitely look into this one. It sounds really useful!

    ReplyDelete