About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Thursday 25 February 2021

Book Review: My Fake Rake by Eva Leigh

I have reviewed, and enjoyed reading, several of Eva Leigh’s novels. This one is called My Fake Rake.  Lady Grace Wyatt is content to remain an unmarried wallflower following scientific pursuits. When, however, a famous and handsome naturalist returns from studying abroad, Grace wants to be noticed for more than her academic prowess. She invents the perfect man to act suitor and therefore catch his eye. Her willing victim is her colleague, anthropologist Sebastian Holloway who she quickly shapes into the perfect man. 

She transforms him from bespectacled nerd into a handsome fake rake.  Grace’s feeling for Sebastian develop and she falls in love with him, as he does with her but will he tell her. 

An interesting read, slightly different to the traditional historical romance. Both characters are academic nerds. Sebastian isn’t rich and doesn’t cope well in crowds/ social situations so does not come across as the traditional hero. Grace is the dominant, determined character in the novel whilst Sebastian’s character slowly develops as he becomes more confident. I enjoyed the gentle flirting, banter and discussion about reptilian sex (not something you normally read about in M&B). I enjoyed this novel and would recommend it. 

  I received this book via Netgalley and Mills and Boon in exchange for a honest review. I am a #MillsAndBoonInsider #netgalley #gifted

1 comment: