About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Thursday 18 February 2021

Book Review: Terms of Their Costa Rican Temptation (M&B Modern) by Pippa Roscoe

Terms of Their Costa Rican Temptation is a Mills & Boon Modern novel written by Pippa Roscoe. Sky Soames is searching for her family’s lost diamonds to find her mother’s cancer treatment. This hunt leads her to billionaire Benoit Chalendar’s mansion in the Costa Rican rainforests as his Aunt holds the map which will lead to the diamonds. He agrees to help her find the diamonds if she agrees to marry him as to remain the CEO of F his company he needs to get married within two weeks before he is 32 to look as though he is setting down. 
It is interesting to see Skye blossom in the rainforest and become less uptight. I enjoyed the descriptions of the rainforest as well. But can their attraction survive the return to reality? 
This is the first of a trilogy following the stories of three girls. A lot of this novel seems to drag as the scene is being set for them all but as the reader I wish this had been cut down and more emphasis placed on Costa Rica itself.  Skye is a strong character but again as the reader I wonder why she didn’t tell Benoit the real reason she needed the diamonds.  Benoit is the traditional M&B hero, strong, in need of a wife etc. If you can make it past the first few chapters this is an enjoyable read and I look forward to reading the others in the series.

 received this book via Netgalley and Mills and Boon in exchange for a honest review. I am a #MillsAndBoonInsider #netgalley
 

1 comment: