About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Saturday 27 February 2021

Book Review: The Vet’s Secret Son by Annie O’Neil

The Vet’s Secret Son is written by Annie O’Neil and published by M&B Medical. Lucas Williams due to family problems was forced to walk away from Ellie Stone and by doing so destroyed their hopes and dreams for the future.  When he comes back to Ellie 6 years later she is a successful vet and is raising their son.   

Lucas’ loyalty to his family proved to be his undoing whilst Ellie is resilient and has shown she does not need Lucas to build a successful business and also raise their child on her own. This is a second chance at love novel but will Ellie trust him enough to give their relationship a go?

An interesting read. I enjoyed reading about the incidental animal characters. I found Lucas’ character quite irritating. He only came back to see if Ellie was okay. Would he have stayed without his son being there? 

 I received this book via Netgalley and Mills and Boon in exchange for a honest review. I am a #MillsAndBoonInsider #netgalley #gifted


2 comments: