About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Sunday 21 February 2021

Book Review: Night Shifts with the Miami Doc by Ann McIntosh

Night Shifts with the MIAMI DOC is a M&B Medical romance written by Ann McIntosh. Dr Regina Montgomery has taken this temporary job at the Miami hospital so she can take time to reflect and refocus on her goal of becoming chief of medicine. Little did she know or anticipate that her former resident, Dr Mateo would also be employed there or that he would make clear that he wanted her. Both have issues, she has fought to rebuild her career whilst he is busy dealing with his family. Ca they work through these issues? 

 I found Regina to be quite a cold, remote character, unable to express her emotions or fully relate to other characters and engage the reader’s interest. I found it a shame that the 10year age gap was not developed into more of a sub storyline as this would have been an interesting angle that not many M&B romances use as a storyline.

I received this book via Netgalley and Mills and Boon in exchange for a honest review. I am a #MillsAndBoonInsider #netgalley #gifted

1 comment:

  1. Although there is nothing new under the sun when it comes to romance, at least a medical plot is a little different to dukes and princes.

    ReplyDelete