About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Thursday 25 February 2021

Book Review: Would I Lie To The Duke by Eva Leigh

Would I Lie To The Duke is written by Eva Leigh and published by M&B Historical.  Jessica Mcgalle is the companion to Lady Whitfield. Jess has travelled to London to check everything is ready for her mistress. Unfortunately she has an accident and is unable to travel as planned. Jess pretends to be Lady Whitfield as she visits the Bazar to try and find funding to save the family’s soap making business as it has been recently destroyed in a fire. Jess meets the Duke Noel Rotherby. Noel who assumes she is who she says she is and he is impressed with her financial acumen. Sparks fly between them as they flirt throughout the novel, clearly taken with each other, but how will Noel react when he find he has been duped?

I normally enjoy Eva Leigh’s novels but this is the first time I struggled to connect with the characters and found that 21Century attitudes seeped into a Regency era romance. 


  I received this book via Netgalley and Mills and Boon in exchange for a honest review. I am a #MillsAndBoonInsider #netgalley #gifted

1 comment: